Thursday 1 October 2020

MY THOUGHTS - BLACK HISTORY MONTH 202O







Yayyy it’s black history month .... no yay here why isn’t it every day? It just seems we still have a long way to go to get that seat at the table, to Be taken seriously, to not be labelled, I could go on .... if you’re like me always have to hustle because you’re treated as the lowest black people are at the back of the queue, with everything that’s happening this year the proof is everywhere and in black and white ... October 1st to the 31st a whole month of people, brands, police etc falsely jumping on the bandwagon that black people matter and November 1st we go back to being people that don’t matter .. 
.
.
When will we be treated as equals .... I hope this “black history month “ is different and more steps are made for change because if you are like me I’m getting tired of fighting especially when you see your own people turning against their own race I’ve been fighting for too many years .... to my white counterparts if it doesn’t affect you it doesn’t matter right ? Wrong!! ....... like I keep saying.
.
.
It ain’t easy being black.
.

#leroydawkins #modelcasting #casting #discoverunder5k #discoverunder1k #discoverunder10k #discoverunder2k #discoverunder50k #blacklivesmatter #blackpeoplematter #blackmodelsmatter  #instagram #maturemodel #maturemalemodel #matureblackmodel #signedmodel  #blackhistory #returnofthemalesupermodel #supermodel #russiasnexttopmodel #blackhistorymonth #topmodeljudge #tvpresenter #tvpersonality #changeiscoming #changeispossible 
#itainteasybeingblack




No comments: