Wednesday 16 November 2011

Bill Nighy for MR PORTER

 

The MR PORTER journal now features an exclusive shoot and interview with Bill Nighy, in which Bill reveals why he only ever wears blue suits, his views on trouser length and shirt buttons, and why he will never, ever be seen in shorts.

A true menswear icon, Bill gives MR PORTER a hilarious and fascinating glimpse into how his wardrobe has affected his career:





“I have turned down parts because you’d have to wear terrible things – it’s a serious consideration. People used to say, ‘There’s a certain lack of classical work on your CV.’ And I’d say, ‘It’s because I can’t operate in those kind of trousers.’ I used to say it as a joke, but it’s true. I can only really operate in a decent lounge suit.”








The full interview can be read now on http://www.mrporter.com/


No comments: