Tuesday 31 July 2018

BALMAIN FALL/WINTER 2018 CAMPAIGN WITH MILLA JOVOVICH

Discover more at www.balmain.com

"Like every French kid growing up in the nineties, I was obsessed with The Fifth Element. So, obviously, there’s no need to tell me that Milla Jovovich is an incredible actor and a stunningly
beautiful woman. I’ve long admired her strength, style and talents and I’ve often dreamed of finding a way to work with Milla on a Balmain project. That’s why I was beyond excited when she agreed to sign on for our Fall-Winter campaign. I couldn’t wait to see the first images from the London shoot. I knew enough to expect great things—but, honestly, I wasn’t expecting to be so blown away, so quickly. From the moment I saw the raw footage, I knew that we had already captured exactly what we needed.

As Leeloo says in The Fifth Element, “boooooooom ba da booom.” Done. We had it. No need for complicated edits or even a soundtrack. I knew, as soon as I saw it, that all we needed to do was keep it simple and retain the focus on what Milla was doing in that incredible space. The strong, minimal style may be new for Balmain, but it perfectly compliments next fall’s styles.

An Le’s pictures captured the same stark beauty that Jake caught on the video. I’m sure there’ll be more to come, but for now, I think we’ve got it."

Olivier Rousteing
26 July 2018
Paris
Credits :
Creative Director : Olivier Rousteing
Talent : Milla Jovovich
Director: Jake Nava
Photographer : An Le
Agency : Sunshine
Hair : Balmain Hair x Nabil Harlow
Make Up : L'Oréal




No comments: