Friday 10 August 2012

MY FAVOURITE OLYMPIC MOMENT - Nicole Kidman

Nicole Kidman

I love the Olympics. I watch everything. It’s so dramatic and inspiring. I don’t just say it, I live it. I’ve been over here with Omega and it’s just so amazing – I went to watch the beach volleyball and some of the gymnastics. It kills me that I wasn’t able to stay to watch the swimming because it’s my favourite event. I’ve grown up watching swimming – in Australia that’s our big sport. The swimming is such a huge part of our culture. I remember our relay boys – ‘The Mean Machine’ – and when those guys won gold in 1980 they were heroes.

My favourite Olympic moment is Cathy Freeman winning the 400m gold in Sydney 2000. It’s got to be a woman. It’s got to be winning the gold. And when track is at its best it’s just unbeatable. I was watching it in Spain when I was making The Others. It was an amazing feat for her.

My favourite Olympians are Phelps and Lochte. I love watching the battle between them – they’re both amazing. It’s superhuman, like watching fish. The battle is extraordinary.

Nicole Kidman is an Oscar-winning actress and Omega ambassador


Omegawatches.com



No comments: