Thursday 1 March 2012

REVIEW: DOLCE & GABBANA FALL 2012 WOMENSWEAR - A CLOSER LOOK

I was lucky enough to attend the Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012 womenswear show and the Men's show.... The ladies have carried on where the men left off with a night at the opera.... Im going to start off by saying WE HAVE A COLLECTION HERE! and I doubt we will see a collection like this for a longtime!

The collection is dominated by lace, digital prints, fur, brocade, baroque and just screams opulence, opulence and more opulence.  Like the men's collection we could just about spot the pieces that would have been D&G but this was no easy feat as the bar has been raised...


The show kicked off with supermodel and my girl crush starting her journey to the opera and told a story and showed clothing that takes you back to a time where women were women but of course this is Dolce & Gabbabna so they throw in sexy!

Let's talk about capes these featured in the men's collection back in January but now for the women they have been taken to another level - brocade, fur,wool just to name a few...

The detailing was just out of this world and makes you think the collection would be just for women of means but remember this is the catwalk so when the collection hits the stores some pieces will be stripped back...




Evening wear was just out of this world my favourite pieces of course had the signature Dolce Bustier attached to them but now I have an even more bigger love for lace dresses .....


Just sitting there watching the show and the story come to life - the music, ambiance and exquisite pieces of lace, brocade and embellishment it definitely took me back to the late 90s which is my favourite era and made me realise change is good especially when it comes in the form of this collection!


Verdict: Im speechless, blown away, cant wait to see the collection up close and like I said we have a collection here 10 out of 10 and Im upset that I cant actually give it more !!






Here is every look from the show and dont forget to check out my previous blogs that surround this outstanding collection.....





No comments: