Monday 9 September 2013

MUST SEE - FOUR OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS

I so enjoyed the DVF show from New York Sunday afternoon and saw four of my favourite things the DVF collection which had it going on ... next......three black beauties  ... Naomi Campbell, Joan Smalls and Jourdan Dunn.... The fashion industry can be a tad difficult for black folk on every level so when I see things like this its enpowering for me and I think 50 year after Martin Luther King had a dream we are progressing but by no means there .... its rife and still features a lot in the industry I think you know what I'm talking about not going to spell it out!


These designers were 'called out' for not using black models  according to an article I found ...

Designers called out include Calvin Klein, Marc by Marc, Proenza Schouler, Victoria Beckham, Rag & Bone, BCBG, Rodarte, Mulberry, Preen, Prada, Versace, Marni, Celine, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, among many others. It’s immediately apparent that, far from being leaders in the industry, big-name designers are some of the worst offenders

Read the full article here

but we as stylists and bloggers?editors don't have an easy ride either .... 

Unfortunately in this day and age we choose a career path we are good at what we do but people have the power to make or break us and I think thats sad .....


No comments: