Wednesday 4 September 2013

AGENT PROVOCATEUR LAUNCHES AW13 CAMPAIGN





Agent Provocateur Autumn Winter 2013 Film Campaign Release CONTROL YOURSELF
At the centre of a whirling typhoon, buffeted hither and thither by whirling forces, things spiral out of control... Strap in and buckle up: sometimes the only way to get a handle on things is to control yourself.

Melissa George, Chloe Hayward and Elettra Wiedemann take control of their own destinies in the Agent Provocateur Autumn Winter 2013 campaign film. Envisioned through the wry lens of Oscar nominated director John Cameron Mitchell, the three women are at the centre of a frenzied chaos backstage as a catwalk show is about to commence. Pushed, pulled, trussed up and put down, the three begin to lose themselves to the fiendish whims of stylists, hairdressers and a ghoulish designer - before they realise that true control ultimately belongs to them. The Motels’ 1980 hit song Total Control is a graceful and fitting melody as the girls re-assert their place in the world - with a little help from their Agent Provocateurs.
“We were trying to make a fun film about how Agent Provocateur can actually help a woman free herself by controlling herself,” explains Cameron Mitchell, whose humorous take on life has been called upon for everything from US sitcom Girls to brand campaign films for Dior.

Agent Provocateur creative director Sarah Shotton says of the collection, “I was inspired by the powerful femininity in George Michael’s Too Funky video. Hard-edged in their couture curves, the models have the power to seduce and take control, just like this season’s Agent Provocateur women.”

The casting of the models and actresses in the video is iconic Agent Provocateur: each one a strong character, each a different body shape and each one with a sense of humour that is essential to the brand’s DNA.
Actress Melissa George said of the filming: “I adored this experience of becoming an AP woman - I discovered things about myself I never knew existed! Buckle up!”

Electra Wierdemann : “I have always fantasized about being in an Agent Provocateur campaign and almost fainted from joy when I got the call! For me, the brand embodies the perfect balance of sexiness, elegance, humour, and - of course, provocation! Working with the AP team, John Cameron Mitchell, Chloe, my dear friend Melissa, and the entire cast and crew was an absolute blast and I loved every second of it. It was 2 days filled with laughter, fun, and quite a bit of T&A.”
Chloe Hayward: “Working with Agent Provocateur on this particular campaign is something very special and close to my heart as they are an iconic lingerie brand dedicated to empowering women for their natural sensuality and sexuality. I love the vision of the brand, they included me on one of my first shoots so to be reunited with the family is an honour. The shoot itself was one of the most special days of my life, John is a genius, a wonderful person and the most fun to collaborate with as a director. I am a big admirer of his work so it was an honour to work with him, I love his use of humour and satire on big subjects and the way he includes sensitivity too. And to be shoulder to shoulder with Melissa and Elettra, two talented and beautiful women inside and out was a pleasure in itself.”











No comments: