Saturday 21 September 2013

24 HOURS OF STYLE AT LIVERPOOL'S ... LIVERPOOL ONE ....





A couple of weeks ago I went on the road and it was destination Liverpool !!!  I was invited along for a blogger trip which saw three of London's top blogger head up north to be on a Q&A panel to answer such questions about fashion weeks, meet and greet the amazing bloggers, stylists and of course the press at the Harvey Nichols beauty Bazaar at style destination Liverpool ONE. ... So this is my diary of what we got up to I hope you enjoy it!




The trip was and is going to be a memorable whirlwind which will stay with me for a longtime and starts off with an early start at London Euston station where are booked first class on Virgin Trains so we make a beeline for the first Class lounge to enjoy a little R&R I. The lounge which offers refreshments and snacks  also a blogger necessity free wifi.  This is all a new experience for me when travelling long haul  its a no brainer I always Virgin Upper Class so I wanted to see how if they matched on a train what they offer in the air ..... They nailed it! The service was outstanding free wifi, a wide range of hot breakfast choice (I went for the full English) music and lots of room to for the journey.  




In just over two hours we pull into Liverpool Lime Street station (exciting times) my first time to the city that's is known for its style but not in a good way in the press .... We are greeted by our host for the weekend Philip Nixon of Think Publicity who have offices in both London and Liverpool.... We were then whisked off to the Liverpool Hilton Hotel at Liverpool's hottest style destination Liverpool ONE ....  My room at the Hilton was outstanding all requirements were covered and the staff could not be friendlier and  its right on the doorstep of Liverpool ONE what more could a visitor to Liverpool want than being right In the heart of Liverpool City Centre ....






Now the tour begins ! First stop is a quick tour of style destination Liverpool ONE and then our first stop is Lunya for an awesome Catalonian lunch.   Whilst talking to its owner Peter you could just see how passionate he was about Spanish cuisine and notice there was actually nowhere he could buy authentic Catalonian products so as you do you open you own deli and awesome restaurant which has a huge following in Liverpool especially  amongst the ladies who lunch. 








After our amazing lunch at Lunya it was back to the Hilton for a quick outfit change which was made easier and quicker with all the amazing facilities available at the hotel ... May I add at this point it was my third outfit change but this was the most important one as it was the outfit I was going to wear to our blogger Q&A to meet the press, other bloggers, stylists and the general public so of course I had to look nice so I went for a Parisian look and chose a suit from Paul and Joe Paris and shoes from Harry's of London.. 




All changed next stop is the  Beauty Bazaar Harvey Nichols  which is one of a kind and located at Liverpool ONE and dedicated all to beauty and is where the Q&A is set to take place ... By now it's 3:15 and we arrive for an interview with Collective Magazine which was truly an honour to be in a magazine that I actually like reading.  Interview over and photocalls done its time to meet our public and take our places on the stage.  At this point I'm a little nervous but use to Q&A's so adrenalin soon kicks in and it turns out to be one of the best sessions I've ever done and the crowd were amazing!!!











Q&A over and done with time for another outfit change and time back to the Harvey Nichols Beauty Bazaar to try out just a few of the  treatments on offer ... The list is vast so I opt for a non surgical facelift which has my skin glowing and looking youthful ... I don't normally go,for,these things but I can honestly say the non surgical facelift works a little tingling but worth it for the end result.    Next treatment is a deluxe manicure and champagne from the WOW on the first floor of the bazaar with bar manager Bonnie looking after all out needs, Jaime also Opts for a non surgical facelift and is uber impressed as its his first time whilst Prince  has his eyebrows threaded and a manicure .... We found it hard to leave this Mecca of beauty, fragrances, accessories and champagne but it was time to get change I know again and head off to a champagne reception at hot spot Palm Sugar Lounge in our honour. 




Once at Palm Sugar Lounge you get to realise why  it's a hotspot with its decor, fine food, lighting live pianist and general ambiance somewhere I will definitely be revisiting very soon. At the reception we get to meet prominent and notable figures in fashion in Liverpool with the likes Liverpool ONE, Flannels Fashion, Editors of Collective Magazine, His and Hers Magazine and Private Life Liverpool all in attendance.   



The reception is amazing lots of photocalls, drinks and amazing finger food ... At this part we get to meet all the major movers and shakers of the Liverpool fashion scene.   Now time for the private dinner which takes place at Chaophraya one of the hottest places to eat in Liverpool and we have a private dining room and we enjoy what can only be described as a banquet or feast ... The food is to die for ... And it's all taking place at one of Liverpool's most happening places.  




With dinner over its now time to sample the nightlife I hear it legendary and want to witness it for myself ... After a £3.20 taxi ride yes that's right I said £3.20 for a journey that would cost around £10 in London we hit Panoramic 34 ... It's like London's Sushi Samba but with no pretence you can go drink enjoy the music, the view and just soak up the general ambience with beautiful people with no attitude .... At this point Liverpool is really proving itself and a style destination but also as a great destination all round.   After Panoramic 34 it's now time to head home as we all have an early start and a big day the next morning.   Once we arrive back at the Hilton Liverpool we hit the bar come nightclub with hits great DJ's for a night cap and walk into another happening with its on trend music booths and lush drinks list and party the night away!!



It's a new dawn a new day and feeling good at breakfast in the Hilton and I really enjoy the early morning hospitality with a full English and continental breakfast so I'm set for the day .... After what can only be described as another feast a breakfast it's time to start the day!  Today we take part in a Blogger Style Challenge with His and Hers Magazine at Liverpool ONE and as a stylist this is going to be a breeze so I follow my fellow bloggers and watch whilst they do theirs...... 




First up is prince Cassius and he selects to do his in the Mecca that is Flannels Fashion ..... OMG!!! You name the label they have it for both men and women , it was literally water water everywhere and if your budget allowed it you could drink it .... prince Cassius selects to wear Dolce & Gabbana and tops his outfit off with Vivienne Westwood shoes and looked amazing .. I on the other hand was showing love to all the fashion In the store by stroking and showing love like and kid in a candy store ... Moncler, Dolce, DIOR, Zanotti, Gucci, the list is endless ... 



After Prince's shoot it's now my turn .... We head to Hugo Boss ...love it! I walk in and automatically know what I'm going for a city break look and I select a teal coloured jumper with matching trousers, brown suede shoes, leather jacket and a lighter blue leather briefcase ... It was all about textures and tones and in this case tone on tone which is a hot trend for AW 13/14 but with Hugo Boss I want to show colour which is another big trend but I didn't want it to be your face colour but tried to keep to Hugo Boss' DNA on trend classic clothes.






  After my mini shoot and talking about my inspiration we move on to Reiss and it's Jamie's turn he chooses an outfit perfect for fall has his mini shoot and we are finished !!

 Now comes to serious part ... Time to hit the shops in Liverpool ONE and pick up a few pieces and I make a beeline for Flannels Fashion and pick up that piece of DIOR I was eyeing up when Prince Cassius was doing his photoshoot ... Can I just add the staff are just a-Mazing!!! 






Retail therapy done and it's now time to have lunch at the infamous Browns at Liverpool ONE I know we have them in London but have never been so it was a double whammy first time at Brown's and first time in Brown's Liverpool ... Once again it was perfection I opted for a burger and finished my plate and wanted more again great atmosphere and staff which made the experience all the better.  I do question myself about the whole trip as everything was near perfection and I saw around other patrons in all establishments were getting the same treatment so it was not because I was reporting on it ... It's the Liverpudian way of life ... London pay attention.... 





The trip is now coming to a close so time to head back to the Hilton Liverpool and pack up my Louis Vuitton and wonder where all the time went ... I thoroughly enjoyed my 24 hours in Liverpool, the fashion, the way of life, the nightlife, the food and most of all the people they made the trip .... #tooFriendly maybe I've live in London too long and got to use to that fast pace.. Liverpool is amazing, Liverpool ONE is the ultimate style destination which offers just as much as London but done in a much calmer pace ... Liverpool itself is the ultimate city break which I will be visiting more on a regular basis only two hours away from London you have this! Shopping, culture, Albert Dock, the Beatles and so so so much more ... 



Big thanks to all the sponsors for this amazing trip as well as Liverpool ONE who proved they are the ultimate style destination, Think Publicity, collective Magazine and His and Hers Magazine 













No comments: