Thursday 20 June 2013

MUST SEE - SPENCER HART'S BLACK ARMY .. SS 14 - MY THOUGHTS

The last time I sat like a proud mother was when I saw my gal Cara Delevigne open and close the Issa AW 13/14 show back in September.  Whilst on my fashion travels last season in Milan I sat in awww when I was at the Dsquared2 AW 13/14 show and it was a all black male model show... being in fashion for as long as I have and practically going around in circles it's great to see how far we've come! yes we had Beverley Johnson (70s), Iman (80s), Veronica Webb and Naomi (90s) ... makes me wonder and ask the question do we get one every decade?

Fast forward to the present day I'm happy to report there is a sudden rise in black models and for the second time I've witnessed an all black male model show and once again I sat proud like a doting mother .... it's great to see how far we have come but still have not really got there but it's great that at last all different shades of black are now gracing runways around the world ... now all we need to do is get a few more faces in those high profile fashion editor jobs to say we have finally arrived ... because right now it's still not easy and takes alot to be taken seriously ....

Well done to Spencer Hart and Dean and Dan of Dsquared2 for helping on the journey...


SPENCER HART SS 14






DSQUARED2 AW 13/14




No comments: