David 'The Preshaah' Harris DJs a party at London Fashion WeekHOXTON RADIO CELEBRATES FOURTH BIRTHDAYToday, Hoxton Radio celebrates its fourth birthday. The cutting edge, independent, East London radio station launched on the 27th of July in 2012 at the precise time of 8:12am and has been on the forefront of the UK’s airwaves ever since. Here are a few of the station’s highlights:
- Working with and developing some of the biggest (not to mention coolest) personalities: Becca Dudley, Lilah Parsons, Ashley James, Olivia Cox, Laura Jackson, Arielle Free, AJ Ododu, Charlotte de Carle, Stefanie Jones and Goldierocks.
- Launching the world’s first fashion radio show: Hoxton Fashion and broadcasting live from London Fashion Week and London Collections Men for the past two years.
- Having station favourite and global style icon, Kate Nash as a supporter and on as a regular guest.
- Being the go-to radio partner for historical East London businesses such as Old Spitalfields Market, Hoxton Street Market, Hoxton Hall and Shoreditch Town Hall.
- Aligning with the best festivals in London including Field Day, Lovebox, Citadel and British Summer Time.
- Supporting the local art scene with Whitechapel Gallery, KK Outlet and Hoxton Gallery; and the national art scene with Tate, V&A and Somerset House.
- Producing not just incredible radio shows, but producing film content and digital editorial to rival the best.
Founder and presenter David ‘The Preshaah’ Harris who is a well known DJ on the celebrity circuit says, “I can’t believe it’s already been four years. Everyone we’ve worked with, I would consider friends and I am beyond words at the support Hoxton Radio receives not just from London, but from listeners around the world. Getting up every morning before the sun comes up is and will continue to be an absolute pleasure.”
Happy Birthday, Hoxton Radio. Here’s to many more!