Friday 19 February 2016

MUST SEE - IT'S HERE LONDON FASHION WEEK AW 16 #NOTGOOD








London fashion week AW 16 is here ... Thank you New York but now it's London's turn! What will be shown ?? what will the atmosphere be like ??  Well here we go! I want know ... Why? Because for the first time in six years I won't be attending ...


I thought it was only me but. He king out social media and talking to veteran fashion people ... A lot are not attending because they really can't be bothered in dealing with PR's who would rather have their family and friends sitting in front row or any row to the matter of fact ... If you follow on social media and look at bios of people posting you will see they actually have nothing to do with fashion and worse they are PR's from other agencies ... Where does that benefit the brand? A lot of the designers now I know them to talk to or on a personal level and I'm actually fed up of being from them omg! I'm so sorry you know I want you there but it's the PR who decide the guest lists and you should have been on It. Now it's come to a head where digital press and bloggers are not even going to waste their time attending what for a standing position while someone not relevant to the designer and will not benefit them in anyway walks straight in and takes a seat. 


The British fashion council (good bless them) are trying and doing everything to promote bloggers and digital press outlets but PR's are trying to shut it down still only wanting to deal with print press ... I do digital and print, a stylist, I'm on TV so I cover all basis so why am I being boycotted? I'm in a better position than most but it's really Something when your treated as a nothing in your home town and treated like royalty overseas.... For now well this season I will be bypassing London fashion week AW 16 and pick up coverage on the blog, social media etc when fashion month arrives in Milan ... For those brands and PR's who want coverage for London fashion week this will be chargeable ...


My blog is transparent I don't hide or lie about my hits/views etc but just as a reminder I average over 1 million views a month so it is a blog people read ....


What they industry is saying .... Now you see it's not me just having a meltdown ... These are just a few posts and status updates I found but there are hundreds ....


You have to realise we (most of us) support these PR's and brands all year round and when it comes to our backs being scratched ... They remain itchy leaving a bad taste in the mouth ... 






























No comments: