Friday 6 March 2015

Balmain AW 15/16 WOMEN'S #PARIS


As recent events have reminded us, France has a long and proud history of defending essential liberties and artistic freedom. That unique, open- minded spirit is also something that sets Parisian fashion apart. Pierre Balmain and his contemporaries were anything but provincial. They were part of a generation that was unafraid to stir up controversy as it ventured beyond conventions and was inspired by the cultures, colors and traditions of what had previously been labeled as “exotic” foreign lands.

For Fall/Winter 2015/16, we celebrate that Parisian tradition, as well as the evolution of my city into a truly global melting pot. Echoing the spirit of the ‘70s catwalks, today’s presentation highlights the beauty of strong confident women of all races, as well as the vibrant tones that that recall the richness of other cultures.
Of course, this is also a bittersweet moment for the House of Balmain. This collection is the first that my team and I have prepared without the support and encouragement of our recently departed friend and mentor, Alain Hivelin. With the recent opening of the London flagship and a New York address set to open before the end of this year, Monsieur Hivelin’s vision of transforming Balmain into a Parisian house with a truly global reach is well on its way towards becoming a reality. We celebrate his daring and impressive accomplishments and we will never forget his generosity and many kind words and deeds. 


MORE BELOW ......



PURRANGE IS BACK AGAIN....???





WITHOUT THE RISK OF NOT BEING INVITED TO A SHOW AGAIN .... THIS COLLECTION DIDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR ME ..... WHEN I THINK BALMAIN I CHANNEL OPPULENCE AND I DIDNT GET THAT WHAT I GOT WAS STUDIO 54 A LA KARADASHIAN ... SPEND MORE TIME IN THE STUDIO NOT WITH THOSE PEOPLE ... IT FEELS THE COLLECTION WAS INSPIRED BY THE FAMILY! BUT THAT'S NONE OF MY BUSINESS THOUGH ... 70s I THINKING JERRY HALL, DEBORAH HARRY, BIANCA JAGGER, FARAH FAWCETT ... I CAN KIND OF SEE WHERE YOUR GOING I GUESS







SORRY OLIVIER ... JUST MY THOUGHTS ...... I DON'T CHANNEL FRENCH HISTORY


No comments: