Monday 12 January 2015

Christian Louboutin Partners with Designer Todd Lynn at LondonCollections: Men





Designer Todd Lynn has unveiled his Autumn/Winter 2015 collection at London Collections: Men, featuring two original shoes designed by Christian Louboutin. In black and white respectively, the smooth leather Chelsea Boot and minimal mid-top trainer both boast elastic straps, in line with the designer’s notion of “protection”.

“Every collection has a concept and a theme. When I think about the world and what's going on in society right now, there's this need to feel safe, to feel protected. You can see that in the straps; so there's that practical element, but I like the idea that things are transformable and easy to understand,” says Lynn.

From industry newcomers to established fashion houses, Christian Louboutin has always enjoyed collaborating with talented designers from the world’s fashion capitals and beyond. After designing shoes for Todd Lynn’s runway shows for nearly a decade, this season represents a first: shortly removed from Lynn’s three-year hiatus on designing menswear, which had previously been mixed into his women’s shows, the designer has created a unisex collection for his eponymous label’s debut at men’s fashion week.

“I was thinking why don’t I just be really selfish? I’m obsessed with this collection because these are my clothes,” says Lynn. “I’m happy to wear my own clothes – if I don’t like it, why should somebody else?”

This season’s footwear aligns perfectly with the rock’n’roll aesthetic of the designer, who accompanied his Autumn/Winter 2015 presentation with a special performance from the band Slaves.

For more information and an extended Q&A with Todd Lynn, please visit  www.ChristianLouboutin.com








No comments: