Wednesday 9 July 2014

Adrien Beau for agnes b




Agnès invites her friend Adrien Beau to design six looks as part of the forthcoming men’s autumn winter collection for 2014.

 

Assistant stylist and technician for John Galliano from 2006 until 2010, Adrian Beau first devoted himself to the theatre as decorator, wardrobe master, actor and occasionally director.  In 2009, “The Little Mermaids”, his first award winning short film marked the beginning of his career as a script writer and director. In 2010 he met agnès b. who decided to produce his second movie “Irregular seasoning”, a baroque horror movie set in the 17th century. He is now working on his first full-length film entitled “Sarah Bernhardt in the grave”…….. stay tuned.

 

"I’ve often drawn suits for my movies but it’s the first time someone has suggested that I have designed a collection. Agnès gave me carte blanche. Then, I simply drew what I would like to wear or to see in the street. I imagined very ironic and mildly derisive young people who had monopolized all the clichés of a respectable accomplished Sir, from the three-piece suit to the padded dressing gown...  That brought me to a 19th century operetta-like atmosphere such as that shown in the horror movies of the 60’s and 70’s... et voila" Adrien Beau.

 

"adrien? adrien…….well, let’s be serious... adrien just loves Harry’s bar where he begs me to go with him every other day.  He’s an aesthete, a dandy, a pain in the neck, a naughty boy, a pianist (whenever the fancy takes him). Very good with his hands too....well, he’s an accomplished artist!  Another thing...just make sure you get to see his two short films!” agnès’.


No comments: