Friday 23 May 2014

QUVENZHANE WALLIS CHOSEN AS THE NEW FACE FOR ARMANI JUNIOR FALL / WINTER 2014/15 CAMPAIGN




Giorgio Armani is pleased to announce that he has chosen Quvenzhané Wallis as the face of his Armani Junior fall/winter 2014/15 new advertising campaign.


Quvenzhané became the youngest nominee for an Academy Award® for Best Actress in a Leading Role for her remarkable performance in the 2012 independent hit film, "Beasts of the Southern Wild." She also joined the esteemed cast in 2013 for the Academy Award®  winning movie, "12 Years a Slave."  This fall, she will play the coveted lead role in the cinematic adaption of the musical "Annie," alongside co-stars Jamie Foxx and Cameron Diaz.


For the Armani Junior campaign, the 10-year-old expressed herself in front of the lens as she does on camera, wearing each outfit as a different character, with rousing vitality and great spontaneity. Photographer Stefano Azario opted for a classic staged portrait: full-length shots with a canvas backdrop. Quvenzhané’s poses and expressions permeate everything, expressing humor, irreverence and joy. The results are resonant and compelling images, which capture her natural sense of identification. The results elicit a smile, without fail.


Said Giorgio Armani: "Quvenzhané is so talented despite her young age. She is a child who has the natural ability to play many different roles. Her kindness, curiosity and openness towards others really struck me, as they are all traits that I admire. It is for this very reason that I wanted her to be a the face of Armani Junior. With her insatiable energy, Quvenzhané made the clothing come alive, interpreting it in her own singular way."


Said Quvenzhané Wallis: "I'm so happy to be chosen by Mr. Armani to be his ambassador for Armani Junior. I felt the same excitement when I got cast for a major film. Me? Wow! I was honored to wear his custom gown to the Oscars. It made me feel like a princess. When I saw Mr. Armani's Privé show in New York, the dresses were so pretty...I had too many favorites!  Afterwards when I met him, I realized Mr. Armani is such a nice man. I liked that he was so thoughtful. It's fun now to wear Armani Junior since I really like the clothing. It's young. It's cool. My friends are going to want to borrow all my clothes now, for sure."


The campaign will be released globally next month.


No comments: