Friday 31 May 2013

ASPINAL OF LONDON AW 13/14 PRESS PREVIEW




Last week I was invited along to Aspinal of London to check out the forthcoming AW 13/14 collection. This was a first  for me .. I've featured Aspinal before and know of them but this was my actual first time geting up close and personal with a collection and it was a great one to start off with.  




The main collection takes inspiration from Hampton Court Palace ... We see the sow stopping Marylebone bag wichntakesmcentre stage in the collection, there's a monochrome store in Saffiano leathers and the main goal is to have a strong fashion aesthetic whilst achieving a timeless luxury.  Standout pieces come from the men's collection with oversized totes and briefcases in blues, black, brown and green.  The Tudor Rose Collection is also a standout with its quilted pieces that go from bags right through to accessories such as necklaces and the amazing fasteners/clasps on the bags which are an accessory themselves.  



The Tudor Rose Collection 











The Fire Python Collection



Overall the exotic Fire Python collection was my winner with its charm, elegance and boldness .. It was that injection of colour which still manages to keep its elegance without comprimising age demographic.  



All in all a beautiful collection of ontrend timeless pieces made from quality leathers that will last the test of time. 
















It was rude not to but whilst I was there I was shown how the embossing was done and was given a beautiful journal with my initials on .....



No comments: