Friday 1 June 2012

Exclusive - SIR MATTHEW PINSENT INTERVIEW #MUST SEE

Sir Matthew Pinsent interview .....





Earlier this morning I had the absolute pleasure of meeting and sitting down for a chat with wait for it. (I can't breathe) Sir Matthew Pinsent..... I'm not the most knowledgable person when it comes to sports but I have started to take a keen interest in rowing ever since I attended the private dinner which was hosted by Gant/Leander at Henley Regatta a couple of weeks ago which I'm sure you remember me telling you about ..... So Sir Matthew and I sat down for a quick chat about fashion the Olympics, shaving and life ......

CH - how does it feel still being known as one half of one of the most famous partnerships in sporting history?

MP - no, no not around the world .... Surely ... I know in the UK this might be the case but I'm sure some would think otherwise ....

CH - no.. I've done my research

MP - well it gives me a sense of pride and achievement, it for me was an obvious thing to do and a lot of hardwork....

CH -Was it hard back then with the training?

MP - Yes of course the early morning and the rain and when young guys should be out having fun we were training no matter what the weather was like....

CH - yes which has paid off "Sir Matthew" (we both laugh)






CH - Do you have any involvement with the upcoming Olympics?

MP - well no but I will be covering them on the media front for the BBC and The Times .....

CH - How do you rate the 2012 British Olympic rowing team?

MP- I rate them very highly it's a strong team, I think a this Olympics we are better and stand a great chance of earning more medals than we have at previous games


CH- how do you think the athletes are feeling having been in the same position?

MP - very nervous, stressed, excited all those emotions as well as being proud to be some of the chosen few representing the UK.


Are you still competing at any level?

Well not really I do race from time to time - I have a race coming up next month which is really for the oldies, veterans .....


CH - Describe you style





It's quite hard to describe as I'm a big lad so I'm quite limited, even with stores such as Rochester big and tall and high and mighty it can still be quite difficult

CH - I know it can be quite hard what with your height etc but I do know they sell 72 inch waist Versace jeans if thats helps (laughs)


CH - Who is your favourite designer?




MP - Well of course I love Gant I love their clothing which goes right along with rowing that Ivy League look and it's a good thing what they do sponsoring rowing ...... I also like Armani although I've not been in there form long time as I mentioned before it can be difficult due to my size ... My wardrobe tends to be formal as I do tons of formal events Nd of course theres the tv where I will wear a suit but if I'm filming say in Beijing china where the temperature can really soar I'm then faced with a problem how do you make a short sleeve shirt or polo shirt look good on tv as we are not allowed t- shirts or anything crew neck basically we have to be tv ready!

I also like Oliver Sweeney for shoes a must one they do my size (laughs) without comprising on style....

CH - Describe your role as a Gant brand ambassador.....




MP - well I'm ambassador for Gant Uk and Scandanvia and to which i am honoured to be and they (Gant) do some amazing work with my rowing club (Leander at Henley Royal Regatta)


CH - oh yes I went there recently with Gant it's an Amazing place

MP - well you should get them to bring you down for the regatta it's a great day and lots of fun....


We some how get on to the subject of shaving as Sir Matthew likes to wet shave the old fashion way and I recommend he try The Bluebeards Revenge Which he promises me he will.......


CH - Sir Matthew its been a absolute pleasure talking to you this morning Hope fully meet you again soon..... (which turned out to be later on at a society party - small world)




Sir Matthew Pinsent is Gant UK’s brand ambassador. The partnership strengthens Gant’s global involvement in rowing and complements the Leander Club sponsorship. For further information on Gant please visit http://www.gant.co.uk/


No comments: