Tuesday 1 May 2012

CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN LAUNCH AT THE DESIGN MUSEUM

Last night as most of you know I attended the Launch party of Christian Louboutin'a Exhibition to celebrate 20 years of the genius' work.... 20 years.... The evening started off with a cocktail party where guests gathered and sipped on Martini and champagne and nibbled on steak tar tar canapes.  As guests arrived noted faces included Sophie Dahl, Dita Von Teese, Pop star Mika, Henry Holland, Daphne Guinnes, Holly Fulton, Jonathan Saunders, Roland Mouret and of Course Mr Louboutin himself...

Shortly after 8pm the curator of the the exhibiton said a few words and then the microphone was handed over to Christian Louboutin who had guests laughing with his tales of the early days and his love of women and Dita Von Teese as she epitomises the Louboutin woman.

After his speak we were let loose to view the collection we walk in and are greeted by a carousel holding pairs and pairs of shoes... 20 years.... 20 years... alot of shoes but I was not expecting the amount I actually saw.... there were hundreds... I like to think of myself as a serious follower of Mr Louboutin's styles and collection but there were so many that I have never seen before... I died ... I came back... I went to heaven and had a Martini cocktail to ease my nerves..... I was shaking so much on seeing so many of his designs these are like my drug,,, whether its men's or women's I get pleasure just looking at them... I highly recommend you make the trip to the Design Museum as you wont be disappointed.... I myself will be making another trip there to spend time with the shoes and keep them company....

Later on we moved on to the IVY in London's west end for an after party we we all toasted a successful evening and let out hair down and dance to the tunes that Designer and now DJ Henry Holland was spinning on the decks....

This is a night that will stay with me for a long long time and I am so grateful that I was invited along to be a part of it....

For more information of the Exhibition visit DESIGN MUSEUM.... the exhibition is open from 1st to 9 July 2012 ... so get down there!!


There are too many shoes for me to show you plus that would spoil you view ing when you visit, so here are a few picture from the night the collection....




















No comments: